Friday, June 1, 2012

someone new, this day, comes

I am crazy-excited!  Sometime today, or in the wee hours of tomorrow morning, my third niece or first nephew will arrive!  My brother Tom, his wife Michelle and their two daughters, Emily and Ellie will be welcoming someone, gender unknown, into the world.  I can't wait to help welcome this new little life.

When someone I know well is on the verge of ushering in a new baby, I just can't get it out of my mind.  I doubt this feeling of excited anticipation of what's to come will ever diminish for me.  It takes me right back to the three most cherished days of my life, when we were blessed beyond words with the most precious responsibility and honor this world has to offer.  There is no way to describe that feeling, those treasured moments.  I am at a loss.

I love that I have a version of that wonderment again today, with this tiny little extension of our family on the way, ready to love and be loved and show us all how much more our hearts can hold.  Will it be pink or blue?  I can't wait to know and share the news with you. 

For now, a walk down my memory lane will have to do. 

For these moments of our own... I am thankful each and every day.




No comments: