Wednesday, June 20, 2012

give in. say yes.

Last night we said "yes."  Yes to 8 kids who wanted to go to the pool at 7 PM.  We were cranky and tired and didn't want to go, but we said yes.  And they were so happy.  It made me realize that we need to say yes more often.  If you could have seen our kids' faces and the neighbor kids' faces when I said, "We'll take as many as we can fit in the car!"  Well, they were priceless.

As they joked and laughed and squealed from their squished, seatbelt-less positions in the back of the van, all I could think was that this is something they'll remember.  A late night trip to the pool with pals on a super hot summer night.  I even, probably ridiculously, imagine them as teenagers or young adults sitting around a bonfire or something reminiscing about it.  (I know, I'm probably getting ahead of myself here.)  But I mean, we've lived here for 5 years already and they used to look like this:



And now they look like this:

Time is flying.  Give them memories.  Say yes.

No comments: