Wednesday, June 13, 2012

my ATA sandwich

Sometimes I think the best meals are the result of neglected grocery shopping.  Here's what I came up with for myself while cleaning out the fridge to make the kids' lunch the other day.  Who needs meat?  Not me.


I don't know what it is about this combo, but this sammy was the bomb.  Here's what you need to make it:

Avocado-Tomato-Arugula Sandwich
2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
2 T. mayonnaise  (I used light)
handful of arugula
tomatoes, halved or sliced, depending on variety
half an avocado
salt and pepper

Spread mayo on toast slices and layer slices of avocado on one side.  Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.  Place handful of arugula on top and cover with tomato slices or halves.  Sprinkle again with salt and pepper and top with second toast slice.  So simple, but screaming with fresh summer flavor.  Can't wait to this with our own tomatoes in a few weeks!

Enjoy!

Recent recipes:
crazy-good feta potato salad
my name is molly and i'm addicted to rosemary


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is my kind of sammy!! You had me at sourdough, tho arugula, tomato and avocado are three of my favorites.