Wednesday, June 29, 2011

june blues

Busy doesn't even begin to explain the last month of our lives. Between swimming, gymnastics, baseball, camp and more, I am pining for some summer relaxation. On top of it all, is my gross underestimation that I could survive the summer with a sitter only one day a week; filling in the gaps at night and on the weekends. This, my friends, is impossible.

Maybe I should have had kids earlier so youth would now be on my side. But alas, "40" is peeking at me with open eyes, taunting me with her snicker right beyond September, making me feel exhausted to the point of tears with my current load. Yes, this over-stretched mama has the June blues.

But right in front of my pal "40" is my true friend "vacation". I can't wait for lazy mornings, water sports, long nighttime boat rides, feeding the fish, soaking up lake life with the kids and PEACE. I can't wait to not drive my car for days. I can't wait until, a few miles from our destination, my AT&T service peters out as it always does. I can't wait to feel the wind in my face, the Carolina heat on my skin and to fill my tummy with the best chicken salad and local tomatoes around. Heck, I can't even wait for the drive.

In the meantime, I'll survive by tapping into the every-three-year revival of the best ice cream flavor on Earth - which coincidentally falls within the range of my "blues" theme - Oberweis' Blueberry Pie. I'm eating it right now. For lunch.

No comments: