Thursday, April 30, 2009

Poem-a-day Challenge!

I just finished!

For the last thirty days, I've written a poem per day on the Poetic Asides blog by Robert Lee Brewer - http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/ I was one of around 850 people that posted daily poems based on the author's prompts.

I am not a poet, by any means, but it was such a totally cool experience and definitely helped me to push the creative envelope. What a total thrill to participate, but more so to be able to read all the amazing work written by serious poets! I don't have sights set on a career in poetry, but I look forward to doing it again next year. (April is National Poetry Month.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of all the amazing things you've written on this blog, this one blows my mind more than any. I am SO impressed that you managed to find the time and focus for this in your crazy life. What a great thing to do for yourself!

Ruth Ann Woodley