Tuesday, January 18, 2011

happy 9th birthday logan!




Holy cow! It's unbelievable to me that this is our last year with all our kiddos in single digits. I woke at 4 am this morning for a bathroom break - showing my age - and immediately thought of the early hours, nine years ago, at 4:12 am, when when a four-week early, 5 pound, 15 ounce Logan Olivia made me the happiest mom on earth.

Our girl is the sweetest, smartest, most compassionate, sensitive, creative, silly, beautiful, loving gal around. She's a perfectionist, with a soft heart, who tries her hardest and loves to please. She likes to cuddle like nobody's business and would still be carried around at times if she didn't weigh 60 pounds! She is the easiest person to give a gift to, appreciates anything well-thought out, whether it's a paper clip with meaning or the latest gadget. She sings beautifully and writes songs that will break your heart. She's a great big sister, currently vacillating between my helper and one of the hinder-ers, but that's just being a kid. She's a friend to all and although she's a self-starter and independent, truly loves personal attention. I know for sure that great things lie ahead for Logan Olivia Anderson.

I treasure Logan more than she'll ever know, want all her dreams to come true and more than anything, wish her happiness throughout a long, healthy life. How blessed I was those 9 years ago. How blessed I am to have her each and every day.

No comments: