Tuesday, October 26, 2010

birthday dinner

Don't you just love when something comes together perfectly?

After a long weekend of required activities resulting in not the best birthday on record, Mike and I took the kids to La Sorella di Francesca's on Sunday night for my birthday dinner. I mentioned to a few people that we were taking the kids and they thought us nuts. But it was perfect. They tried new foods, practiced manners and ordering and plowed through dessert with us like little celebrating gourmets.

When do we ever do something so nice? Not often, I'll tell you. While we sit together regularly, doing it in a swanky place, with delicious food and someone else cooking and cleaning up makes it a truly special occurence. From appetizers to wine and our ending cappucinos, I just kept thinking, "this is perfect."

If that's not a happy birthday, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Only thing missing was a photo. Hope you took one (or two) but it really doesn't matter - cause my imagination saw the whole celebration in vivid color. Good for Mike, Logan, Riley and Finn giving mom the evening she deserves!

Love, Mom

Molly said...

I couldn't take a picture! You took my camera!!