Monday, October 5, 2009

Latest Finnism

I guess some things are just ingrained in us. Like the fact that little girls love to dress up or how little boys make car noises instinctively. I'm sure there are countless examples of this, even into our lives as adults. Things that we just do, or feel, or are, that just can't be explained.

Even knowing that this is true about the human race, I could never have predicted Finn's latest epiphany at his early age. All I can say is, it must be built in.

While we were making lasagna yesterday afternoon, Finn announced, without warning or hesitation, "I have a very big penis."

"You do?" I asked.

"Yes, I do. And my friend so-and-so's penis is a tiny penis. Mine is much bigger."

"What?" I almost screamed from shock. "You haven't ever seen anyone else's penis!"

"I know. But my penis is the biggest penis of all. It's bigger than everyone's."

This all came out so matter of fact - like it's just the way it is. I have NO idea where he would even get the idea that"size matters". I am still confused and shocked a day later.

Some things must just be in the genes. Or the jeans. Ugh.

By the way, "so-and-so" has a name. It has been omitted to protect the innocent. I'd hate to ruin his life at his also early age!

2 comments:

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Tears rolling down my face. And Sam's. Oh my gosh. The best. Ever.