Wednesday, August 10, 2011

forgive me.... buttcheeks.

Some folks might avoid posting this little gem all together, but I cringe at the thought of this lovely memory not making it's way into the family vault. Sadly, I received one of those calls today that all parents dread. The, "the other day when Finn was over..." call. I knew something was awry before she even uttered a word.

Apparently, after many minutes of suspicious high-pitched giggles between Finn and his buddy, my friend finally intervened. When she asked what they were playing, "The Buttcheek Game" was their enthusiastic answer. Hmmmmm.

Now, I'm not exactly sure what The Buttcheek Game entails, nor do I ever want to know. What I do know is that, while it must be flipping hilarious, an updated "private parts" discussion was in order and commenced within in minutes.

I can't pretend to understand why silly body parts, stinky smells, farts and burps appeal to these mysterious creatures called boys. I can't imagine what goes through his five year old mind when I start talking about private parts, inappropriate touching and all that necessary stuff. I guess I don't need to understand. I'll just take it as it comes, one buttcheek at a time.

No comments: