Friday, April 1, 2011

Griff



Is there any doubt that life is too short? It is with great sadness that I enter this post into the collection of our lifetime stories on this blog. On Monday, March 21st, we lost Mike's brother Griff. Unexpected and tragic, his passing carved a hole never to be filled, but created a poignant awareness of all the blessings we have and how much we love Griff for the amazing individual that he was. I have dreaded this entry, but have known it must be entered as his loss is forever part of the five of us; ingrained in the fabric of the soul of our family.


God bless the many family members and friends that have come to support our extended family in ways unimaginable, even as they experienced their own sadness. From a peace plant to caring for pets to the most warm hug, we've witnessed greatness in every walk of our lives. God bless those that call for daily check-ins, plan visits and email support and prayers. God bless my children as they process Griff's loss with their unyielding resiliency and boundless hope for the future. God bless my husband, who is focused on supporting all those who need him while he feels his own deep grief. God bless Jessica as she finds the strength to go on each and every day. God bless Mike's wonderful parents as they forge ahead in spite of an unfathomable loss.


God bless you, Griff. We're so grateful to have had you with us, if only for a short while. We wish you peace and we know we'll meet again.




1 comment:

Amari said...

Hello, Molly. I don't know you, but follow your blog anonymously (since I am embarrassed to say I don't post on my own blog). May God shower his comfort and love on your family as you go though this tough time. I pray for his tender touch on Griff's wife and children.